FAQ Page2018-07-02T02:27:10+00:00

Frequently Asked Questions

We have made a page about the most asked questions from our customers. The questions and answers are clear and straight to the point for our customers to fully understand the process and the terms of forming a business.

Our answers are straightforward and easy to understand!

What is a Limited Liability Company?2018-05-02T13:16:05+00:00

A Limited Liability Company is a hybrid form of business structure that combines characteristics of a corporation and a sole proprietorship or partnership. You can choose to be taxed as either one. Having a LLC will protect you personally in case there are business debts or claims against your company, but will not protect you from making personal loans, harming another person, or falsely reporting taxes and business records. Owners of the LLC are called members and do not have shares of the company.

What is a S-Corp?2018-05-02T13:16:27+00:00

S-Corporation is under the Subchapter S of Chapter 1 of the Internal Revenue Code Book. S-Corporation is a business corporation that elect to pass income, losses, deductions and credits through to their shareholders. Most new business owners choose to start off with an LLC before they decide to incorporate their company as an S-Corp.

What is a C-Corp?2018-05-02T13:16:32+00:00

C-Corporation is a standard corporation under United States federal income tax law. The profits are taxed at a corporate level and taxed separately from its owner. A corporation may qualify as a C-Corporation without any limit on the number of shareholders.

What is a Non-Profit organization?2018-05-02T13:16:39+00:00

A Non-Profit is an organization that is formed without the intentions of distributing excess profit to the owners or shareholders.

What is the difference with LLC and Corporation?2018-05-02T13:16:44+00:00

Limited Liability Companies are more flexible when it’s time for taxes. An LLC can choose to be taxed at a corporate level or as a sole proprietor or partnership. C-Corps are taxed as a business and their shareholder’s earnings are taxed again. A qualified S-Corp does not have double taxation; it is taxed at the owner’s level. The owners of a corporation are called shareholders and the owners of a LLC are called members.

What type of business structure is right for me?2018-05-02T13:15:23+00:00

Each type of business structure has advantages and disadvantages. Choosing the right type of structure depends on how you want your company to be taxed, if you want to avoid any type of restrictions, the amount of owners and many other factors. Most entrepreneurs who are ready to form their new business, begin with a Limited Liability Company then transfer to a corporation in the future.

Which state should I register my business in?2018-05-02T13:16:52+00:00

Your Corporation or LLC must register in the state you are operating your business in. If your business office and employees are located in a particular state, you choose that state. If you have an internet-based business, then you have the option to register your business in another state.

What are the steps to form my business?2018-03-16T17:14:12+00:00

The first step is to find a name for your business and check to see if it’s available. After choosing a name, you must choose the type of business structure such as LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp or Non-Profit. Once you decide the name and type of business structure, you can easily fill out the form on our website and we will do the rest for you.

What are the legal requirements to register my business?2018-03-16T17:15:06+00:00

You must file your Certificate of Organization or Incorporation with the Department of State and pay the state fees. You must have a Register Agent and most states require you to have a principal address and mailing address. After you file your Certificate of Organization or Incorporation, you must file for an Employer Identification Number and certain states require you to post an ad on a local newspaper about your business. Certain businesses, such as professional services, must have at least one member or owner with a license or a permit. There is no age requirement, but some states specifically require the organizer of the business to be 18 years old or older.

What if my business name is not available?2018-03-16T17:15:52+00:00

When you fill out our form, you are able to write three business names. If the first name is not available, we will try to use your next option that’s available. In the event that neither options are available, we will contact you. You can also email us to check if your name is available.

What is a registered agent?2018-03-16T17:16:23+00:00

A registered agent is a responsible member or service company who can receive legal notices on behalf of your business such as a lawsuit or summons. You can assign one of your members or owners of your business to serve as the registered agent or our partner Northwest RA can serve as your registered agent.

Can I list myself as a Registered Agent?2018-03-16T17:17:05+00:00

Yes, you can list yourself as the Register Agent if you are available during business hours and if you have a physical address in the same state you are doing business. Most states do not allow the register agent to use a post office box nor a private mail box. Keep in mind, listing yourself as the register agent will make your personal address public. If you own a home-based business or online business, you should hire a registered agent company to fulfill your state requirements.

How much would it cost to form my business?2018-07-02T01:50:40+00:00

BoomFilings charges an initial fee of $149 to form your LLC or Corporation plus state fees. Click here for more information about our initials fees.

How much are the state fees?2018-07-02T01:52:34+00:00

Each state has different mandated filing fees and the fees depends on the type of business structure. Click here for more information on the state filing fees.

How long does it take to form my business?2018-03-16T17:28:21+00:00

Depending on the state, the average time it takes to register your LLC or corporation is 7 to 30 days.

Are there any refunds for my orders? Or can you place my order on hold?2018-05-02T13:11:54+00:00

If you send us an email before we ship your order to the Department of State, you will receive a full refund. You have a choice to put your order on hold for up to 6 months or simply ask us for a refund. Once we ship your order out, your business is active and you will not be able to receive a refund. Your next step is to dissolve your business, which is a different process and separate fees.

How can I change information on my order?2018-03-16T17:30:15+00:00

Please contact us immediately and we will make changes to your order. If your order has shipped to the Department of State, we will have to amend the certificate and you will have to pay a fee of $30 plus state fees. If an error was made by one of our specialist, there will be no charge to correct it.

Are You Ready?

Start Here
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic, personalize content, and serve targeted advertisements. If you continue to use this site, you are agreeing to our revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.